rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Religious people are more red pill than atheists"

"Religious people are more red pill than atheists"

I think part of the problem is that critics of atheism aren't comparing apples to apples. I mean....comparing Joseph Smith or Muhammed to your average atheist at a skeptic gathering. Do you really think that is fair? The differences between the two go way beyond religion. In religion, and cults in general, it is usually the cult leaders and a few others who get most of the action. Just like life in general. You don't need to be a mathematical genius to figure out that if Joseph Smith had 20 wives (or whatever), and assuming they were faithful to him, that there were a lot of frustrated young men in upstate New York, Utah, or wherever the mormons went. People are making the mistake of comparing the winners of group X with the losers of group Y. It doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

For what it's worth I don't think it makes any difference either way. The winners win and the losers lose and I honestly believe that their religion has so little effect on the results that you may as well say it doesn't matter. Yes, including religions with strict moral codes. The religious winner will simply mentally bend them to his will. In fact even as an atheist that is pretty much my view on religious topics. Religion is overplayed. Both by atheists thinking it's so important that the whole world changes their views to reflect scientific reality(Ha. Good luck with that) or with the very annoying religious people who have the equivalent desire to "convert" people.

Messages In This Thread