rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Close but no cigar (or number close)

Close but no cigar (or number close)

Quote: (04-20-2011 01:55 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

Now I'm interested in hearing some of these VM's. What kinda stuff are you leaving?

Well, shit, I don't save my recordings. Like I said before, it's been a while since I last left a VM, but it tends to be observational stuff or made-up you're-not-going-to-believe-what-I-just-heard/saw/did or have-you-ever-noticed kinda shit. I obviously avoided letting it get clownish, but it was almost like dropping a quick scrap of B-grade stand-up material, sometimes--but sometimes not--combined with a light neg. It's all in the tone and delivery.

One bad example:

Whiny Girl-Voice: "...so leave a message after the beep..." [beep]

Tuthmosis [sounding as if he's looking around]: "I shit you not: I'm looking at a gay dude that looks just like you. Jesus Christ. I'm not sure I can hang out with you anymore. The worst part: his ass might be nicer than yours. This is bizarre."
[hang-up]

Stupid shit like that. With the right tone--very casual, light-hearted, but manly, while pretending to be walking, or hanging out outside somewhere--it lands. I often went for that "you asshole!" reaction, especially if I was close to closing the deal. But I'd feel it out. Sometimes I went more for intrigue, but other times would gamble with something like that.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Messages In This Thread