rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Close but no cigar (or number close)

Close but no cigar (or number close)

Quote: (04-20-2011 01:46 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Quote: (04-20-2011 01:28 PM)CJ Wrote:  

Smooth on the phone or not, I'd still go with texting at first. I never had a problem talking to girls for WAY too much time (wasted time now, IMO) once they were on the phone, but my voicemails were probably awkward as shit. I hate voicemails. Even my friends, they get the strangest voicemails from me, as I'll just repeat some inside joke, yell a profanity laced tirade, or play part of a song on my guitar for them. Rarely a simple, "call me back" or message with any point to it.

I used to have this same voicemail problem, until I, literally, started scripting them in advance. Over time, I let go of the crutch and was able to leave interesting VMs on the fly. One piece of advice: don't ever state the obvious. Don't say the date/time, "call me back," who you are, or your phone number. The rest is up to your creative ad-libbing.

I knew I had overcome the problem when girls started commenting on my VMs. "That voicemail was awesome!"; "I played your VM to my girlfriend"; "That's a keeper, I hit '9' to save it." etc. Bitches have no idea how much work happens behind-the-scenes.

That said, I don't think the younger chicks want to listen to voicemails. I haven't left one in a while, though I'm considering bringing it back for a retro, novelty experiment.

@CJ: Nice new avatar.

Now I'm interested in hearing some of these VM's. What kinda stuff are you leaving?

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Messages In This Thread