rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Researcher controls colleague’s motions in 1st human brain-to-brain interface

Researcher controls colleague’s motions in 1st human brain-to-brain interface

Samseau: the measures taken to ensure the effect was genuine are detailed in the article. While it wouldn't have hurt to try it on more subjects, I'm not too concerned about that. After all, we can be reasonably sure that the two test subjects do not share a special telepathic connection [Image: wink.gif].

The formula of 'controls, repeated experiments' etc. Is actually rarely necessary in science. What IS necessary is a clear demonstration that the evidence supports the conclusions, and reading through the main article, I can't find any obvious problems in that regard. The movements of the controller were carried out by a computer program out of his control, and the receiver had no reasonable way of knowing when the finger movements should have happened.

Quote: (08-28-2013 11:01 AM)Architekt Wrote:  

Quote: (08-28-2013 10:56 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

[..], the U.S. Army Research Office, [..]

You'll also note that the researchers go to great pains to warn against reading too much into what the technology is capable of, especially at this stage.

I'm probably getting way too paranoid, but is anyone else a little concerned by this development?

Yes this is a problem, but it's because scientists want funding and don't want to be called kooks. So speculation is frowned upon. I agree though that it's irresponsible to deny having debates about the potential for misuse of technology.

Messages In This Thread