rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

South Korea

South Korea

Quote: (04-18-2011 12:56 PM)hydrogonian Wrote:  

Are you going to Soth Korea to work? If not, I would suggest that you go somewhere else. While its a good trait to be able to find the positives in all countries, I think that S. Korea really challenges a traveler in this regard.

Yeah, its good to experience, but in my opinion, there isn't enough here to justify a non work related visit beyond two weeks. Really, I would only visit to experience some good Korean food and to put the country on your travel map. But is that worth the flight cost?

Taiwan is probably your second best bet in North Asia (Non-irradiated Japan being the first). Third would be Hong-Kong. If you have some cash, then you might even enjoy Hong-Kong better than Taiwan. However, in Taiwan you will find more than just city life if you are looking for that.

thanks for the replies guys

@ Hydrogonian: could you pls expand a bit - when you say "there isn't enough" in S Korea, are you referring to girls & nightlife, or culture or everything combined?

I've been to Hong Kong and thought it was ok, not somewhere I'm in a rush to get back to. I've been to Japan before (just Tokyo) and absolutely loved it

I'm planning a non work related holiday of 10 to 14 days; now Japan seems too uncertain/risky i though Korea would be a good replacement

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"

Messages In This Thread