rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

4 Years on LCHF- Diet Datasheet.
Years on LCHF- Diet Datasheet.
Quote: (08-23-2013 09:52 AM)roberto Wrote:  

Interesting that you recommend cheese. Most literature I read on ketosis advocated against this, and also against caffeine. No way in hell I was giving those two up however, and it doesn't seem to limit me entering ketosis.

No problem as long as you eat cheese that contain zero carbohydrates. I prefer cheese made of unpasthorized milk. I know some people who are doing LCHF who exclude all dairy products. But it doesn't affect me at all. The same goes for caffeine.

Quote: (08-23-2013 09:56 AM)DarianFrey Wrote:  

What are your favorites among nutritious and cost effective LCHF meals?

Most cost effective are maybe omeletts,fried eggs and also dishes that contains smashed meat. You can use these ingredients with a lot of variety in many kind of dishes. Especially smashed meat. Steaks are my favourite, but eating steaks everyday will burn a hole in my wallet.

Quote: (08-23-2013 10:17 AM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Atkins, the original popularizer of lo-carb diets.

Yeah, but Atkins and LCHF should not be mixed up. In Atkins you're still excluding fat meanwhile in LCHF it's something you should plenty of.

Quote:Quote:

As I've gotten older lo-carb is the only way I've been able to lose weight. At this point I don't drink at all, my impression is alcohol has significant other weight-adding effects that go beyond its blood-sugar effects.

I totally agree. You body won't burn any fat or carbohydrates as long you have alcohol in your body.
It need to be burned away first.

Messages In This Thread