rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Case Against Online Dating

The Case Against Online Dating

I honestly don't get the hate here. Sure online game has its negatives--getting SIF'd, not improving your approach game, lower average quality. But the way I see it, if it's helping you satisfy your sexual wants, it's a good thing. If you find it too annoying to be disappointed by the occasional fatty or you can't get the quality you're looking for, then maybe it's not worth it for you, but I see nothing inherently wrong with leaving a profile up that will occasionally catch a few flies or firing off some messages that take 30 seconds each. Bottom line for me is it gives me an opportunity to get notches I wouldn't otherwise get with girls who meet my standards. Obviously if you sink too much time into it then it's a problem, but that's true of everything.

It's not all bad from a game improvement standpoint either. Using OKC has drastically improved my date game to the point that it's now one of my strong points. I believe that getting a first-date bang from online dating is significantly harder than if you've already met via an approach, so by getting good at converting OKC girls into immediate notches I now feel like it's a layup when I'm out on a traditional first date.

I still like the post though. You're very correct about the many shortcomings of online game. I very much consider it a supplement rather than a substitute for traditional game for many of those reasons.

Messages In This Thread