rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

NYC stop and frisk policy repealed

NYC stop and frisk policy repealed

It was funny watching Bloomberg having a mini meltdown on TV. This is a guy who for almost 12 years got almost everything he wanted because he had enough money to P4P the highest paid whores of them all, politicians. He had ample of chance to change a program that was highly inefficient and possibly illegal.

Quote:Quote:

She noted that police made 4.4 million stops between 2004 and 2012, and frisked over 2 million people. "In 98.5% of the 2.3 million frisks, no weapon was found,"

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/stop...z2bvrw29x4

The idea of the Stop,Question and Frisk, is to intimidate thugs into not carrying guns because there's a strong possibility that the police will search you even if you you are not doing anything other than walking down the street. This is a more extreme version of the Broken Windows theory. Go after low level offenses aggressively because it prevents crime which makes sense. If I am on my way to Manhattan to commit robberies at gun point, chances are that I would be littering on the way to the train station and I will jump the turnstile once I get there. If the police stop and arrest me for littering, chances are they going to find the gun and prevent crime.

Now with SQF aka Terry Stops, the police doesn't even need to see me committing an offense to stop, detain and search me. All they need is to be able to articulate (i.e. make shit up after the fact) that their "experience" tells them that I committed or was about to commit a felony or a misdemeanor. If they are right, they get a gun off the streets and overtime. If they are wrong, nothing happens and they go and do it again.
At least that's the theory behind it, but the reality is very different.

I have been stopped more times that I can remember. The trick is not to get upset and try to act like a "sidewalk lawyer" because they going to get pissed and arrest you for "disorderly conduct." Sure, the judge knows is bullshit and dismisses the charge but by that time you see the judge you already spent 2 days in jail. You can also sue for false arrest, but no lawyer will take the case on contingency unless the police puts a plunger in your ass. So are you $5,000 mad to put a retainer?

Every smart Black/Hispanic youth in the city knows the drill. An Impala with tinted windows and a bunch of antennas stop near you. 3 White guys with hockey jerseys get out plus a token(light skinned Black or Puerto Rican) You stop, put your hands against the wall and enjoy the massage. They ask for ID and write your name and then leave. Sometimes they tell you the reason for the stop but most of the times they don't even bother. You don't ask because a lot of those plain clothes guys are roid heads(No neck, more pimples than a teenage girl) and have short fuses.

Minority New Yorkers were putting up with this blatant violation of the 4th amendment when there were 2,000+ homicides a year and people would put their babies to sleep on bathtubs because of stay bullets. Now, that the crack inspired crime wave is a distant memory, people are getting fed up with over aggressive policing. Good riddance!!

Messages In This Thread