rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

So, I saved this guy's life last night in Bangkok . .

So, I saved this guy's life last night in Bangkok . .

Quote: (08-05-2013 11:16 AM)Sp5 Wrote:  

Every farang I've told the story to here has said that I'd be in jail if the guy had slipped out of my grasp. They do have CCTV here, though.

SP5 - It seems as if you were taking a definite chance in getting involved in this situation - b/c you did not know the situation, and even potentially putting yourself at risk in various respects - the guy or girl doing something even more crazy than what appeared to be the situation.

I probably would have done something similar though b/c a sort of auto-pilot seems to kick in once you assess the situation and come to a belief that someone needs help.

Frequently, i am of the view that life is not worth living unless you take a few risks (or at least i am speaking for myself)... and if you do not take any risks you will not have any interesting life stories.

I imagine that you will be able to tell this story for years, just like i frequently tell the story of my performing CPR on a guy in his mid to late 20s that collapsed while we were jogging as a group of three in the middle of the boonies.. while the friend fellow jogger ran off for an ambulance, i began CPR. I feel more like telling that particular story b/c the person lived and seemed undamaged after the fact. On the other hand, i experienced another situation that I do not usually tell about a guy who died while I was working working in the Emergency room of a hospital as an EMT and I was involved in going on an emergency ambulance run... the guy in his late teens or early 20s was collapsed and on the ground and two people were already performing CPR when we arrived in the ambulance. I was the EMT in charge, and I decided to scoop the guy up, and haul ass back to hospital, which was only about 10 minutes away, while the two guys continued to perform CPR. I was told that I should have started an IV and done a few other things, i believe including giving oxygen.... and possibly some other stuff. I was in my early 20s, also, at that time, and later it was determined that likely the collapsed guy had already been dead for a while from some kind of internal bleeding incident.. however, i rarely will tell that story b/c the outcome is less heroic than the one in which the guy lived.

Messages In This Thread