rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Salsa In Latin America

Salsa In Latin America

Quote: (08-12-2013 08:02 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  

I personally believe that any of those should work in latin america b/c the girls can generally follow whatever the guy leads.

In general I agree with JayJuanGee, although I think On1 LA style is probably universally more popular. That being said, most people probably don't dance to any real timing because they haven't taken classes.

Therefore, it's important for the Lead to be flexible and also firm and clear. What I mean is, be flexible in terms of don't be too rigid and anal with the timing you learned; have a firm and clear lead so the follow feels that you are in control, yet also be graceful and not ruff. The best kind of Lead doesn't give the girl too many options, but also knows how to dance to her level.

At the end of the day, its all about developing chemistry on the dance floor that you can parlay off the dance floor.

Messages In This Thread