rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Flashpoint Paradox DC Universe

Flashpoint Paradox DC Universe

Quote: (08-07-2013 11:29 AM)Hades Wrote:  

Thanks for bringing that up Wiscanada. It sucks that this is the case, especially when there's so many good comics out there - The Walking Dead, Watchmen, Preacher, Sin City, Frank Miller's Batman comics, lots more.
I think that the phenomenon you're mentioning is worse for manga, people think that you'd have to be some kind of uber-nerd to have adopted nerd culture from Japan.

That's why I call all comics "graphic novels".

yep, manga/anime are in the same boat. It boggles my mind that people are willing to accept comics as movies/tv but not vice versa. Thats the only connection that has had some sort of traction when trying to talk about comics with a non-comic reader for me. It goes something like "did you do/you like the following movies? 300, the crow, the mask, from hell, conan, a history of violence, robocop, scott pilgrim vs. the world? Well those were all 'comic books' before they were movies.

The creation of graphic novels as well published books with hard covers and the publishing of comic book collected storylines like that as well has made it easier to have people accept them as 'books' when they come to the house vs. a stack of magazine style comics.

and I'm just waiting for someone at AMC to take preacher and turn it into a miniseries, though the religious controversy may be too much.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Messages In This Thread