rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wake up. Drink Water.

Wake up. Drink Water.

I keep a pitcher of water in the fridge and rotate it to the freezer once I get home from work, so after a half hour I can drink about two liters of ice-cold water.

Jamie Lewis at Chaos and Pain says that cold water has a thermogenic effect and can actually cause some fat loss. I'm working off the cuff here but it takes a calorie to raise one gram of water by one degree celsius, there's a thousand grams of water in a liter, so going from (say) 3 degrees celsius (ice water) to 37 degrees celsius (body temperature) would be 34 degrees celsius difference, or 34 calories per gram. This would make it 64 thousand calories.

Since food calories are actually kilocalories though, you're at 64 Calories of fat burned just by drinking water.

You can sit on the couch and watch reruns of Futurama while burning the same amount of fat as if you just jogged a mile, and all you have to do is get up every half hour or so and piss.

Messages In This Thread