rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Thorium Nuclear Energy

Thorium Nuclear Energy

It astounds me that anyone can be against the use of nuclear energy at all. If I recall correctly, Th decays into U, which can be reused and has all sorts of benefits. Nuclear power plants cause a lot less deaths than coal/gas power by some immense number, and storing spent fuel isn't actually that much of a hassle. Nuclear power is also a far cleaner way to produce energy, the spent fuel is reusable, and even the massive disasters of recent times (Fukushima - the worst since Chernobyl - which was the result of unfortunate circumstances and ignorant observation regarding tsunami activity) have very little actual impact - there were no actual deaths as a result of radiation from Fukushima, meanwhile a quick google turned up an article claiming over 22000 deaths a year, just from the pollution that coal plants emit.

What I'm pretty interested in is fusion power (the way the sun produces energy). The only bi-product is helium, and we have entire oceans full of fuel for such a reactor.

Messages In This Thread