rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What working in a butcher shop has taught me...

What working in a butcher shop has taught me...

Nice write-up.

Quote: (07-28-2013 07:18 PM)Sleek Wrote:  

A small tip can make the biggest difference. As a cashier, I'm not used to being tipped. I've done deliveries as well where I've traveled 30 miles and not received a tip ($200+ orders). When I was working behind the counter and this dude ordered $16 worth of food and gave me a $2 tip for his order, I was a little shocked. Next time, I'll let him skip the line. I was instantly appreciative.
(Note: MikeCF has definitely mentioned this before as a tactic he's used in clubs to get the bouncers on his side.)

I'd add:

Tip When It's Least Expected.

In a job like waiting tables, where tips are expected, waiters won't acknowledge you for tipping the standard rate. You'd have to tip well above average to get noticed, or go a lot. Both are expensive propositions.

For positions like Sleek's, tips are rare and memorable. Getting a solitary dollar or five will stand out more than a 40% tip on a restaurant bill would. Very to easy to create goodwill cheaply with the worker, as a customer.

By the same principle, tipping a bartender well when the bar is empty is much more effective in the long run than when the bar is packed and rowdy.

Is your shop actually a butcher shop? There are very few real butcher shops left - they're usually just meat cutters, where pieces of meat come in semi-processed already. They don't start with a whole carcass.

Messages In This Thread