rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

America is not a promiscuous society

America is not a promiscuous society

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracy...eandnearby

Quote:Quote:

Americans are marrying later than ever before. So they are dating longer, which creates opportunities for matchmakers. Some are quite direct. Bang with Friends (BWF), another app, allows users to specify which of their Facebook friends they would like to bed. If both parties feel the same way, BWF notifies them. If not, no one is any the wiser. BWF was booted from Apple’s app store, but that hasn’t stopped it from creating 200,000 pairings since its January launch. Colin Hodge, BWF’s boss, admits he came up with the concept while “a bit tipsy”.

Such apps make it easier to find potential partners, but don’t seem to have turned America into a nation of bed-hoppers. According to the Centres for Disease Control, young women (aged 15-44) claim to have had a median of 3.6 male lovers, while young men claim to have had 6.1 female ones. These figures may be inaccurate—men may exaggerate; women may undercount—but they have not changed much in years.

I also alluded to a different study that found quite similiar numbers. As long as these studies are being done anonymously, I have little reason to think that either side is lying all that much. I find the numbers staggeringly hard to believe, but they are what they are. If men were going to exaggerate their numbers, I'd expect them to at least lie and say 12, not 6. So even if there is lying going on, when you average it all out, it probably wouldn't account for more than a point difference. So let's just say the average American has about 5 sex partners in their life. Guys exaggerate the hell out of their sex lives. I've heard friends boasting to others about how many girls they've had when I know the real deal and that they didn't have nearly as many notches as they claim.

Do you guys think these figures are way off? If not, what do you think the real notch numbers are for average men and women? And if men are exaggeratting in polls, that would mean men's real number would be 4 or 5 in a lifetime. That's why I don't think they can be stretching the truth all that much or the number given would be higher.

Messages In This Thread