rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rich Habits

Rich Habits

Over in Britain we have what's called a 'cash and carry'. It's where restaurants, shopkeepers and pub landlords buy stock to resell, either as meals or off shelves.

If you're self employed (ie. run your own business) then you can usually get a card. I love it. You walk in, grab an industrial sized trolley, and it's basically a giant warehouse inside. I stick to the catering section- if you're dilligent enough to save for a month's shopping at once (think 2KG of cheese, a whole pig belly, 10KG of rice, 5KG frozen green beans etc) then you'll pay half or less than it would cost to buy multiple small portions at a supermarket. Quality is very good- it's what pubs serve up for a Sunday lunch so standards are high. The butcher will cut your meat however you want, even season it for you, it's awesome.

What I like best about it is the lack of families, screaming kids, ignorant plebs; basically the lack of 90% of the British population. By policing entry with a policy that only allows access to someone with their own business, they have created the nicest shipping experience I've ever had the pleasure of. No queues, free car park right outside too.

Ali- you are so right about the crockpot dude. They're a lifesaver to a single man with a busy schedule. I love cooking, it comes naturally and I'd say I can cook better than 90% of the girls I've been with. But I don't usually have the time.

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...

Messages In This Thread