rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How did you escape/will escape from the jobless generation?

How did you escape/will escape from the jobless generation?

I graduated from a good school with a low gpa but good extra-curriculars. I did temp data entry in the healthcare industry and showed them that I knew as much about the business as they did. This presented the opportunity to work side-by-side with experienced consultants, albeit I was making ~$10/hr net. After doing this for 9 months, I leveraged my college and job experience to get a contract job in the industrial sector that was greater than %50 net raise and am treating it like a class because there is value in learning about their revenue generation. I am relatively happy because I know that I can take the info and start my own business or take it to another employer if shit hits the fan. One thing I have noticed is that older people are clinging very tightly to their jobs;there are more grandparents at my employer than I ever expected and I am the youngest person at my office by at least 10 years. Also, student loans are killing me. They are %25 of my net income just to pay interest, so I live with my parents.

Messages In This Thread