rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The California Police State

The California Police State

Quote: (07-08-2013 08:38 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Looks like there's more support for this CA Police State theory.

According to Simon Black and the US Wiretap Report 2012 released last week,

Riverside County, California is the most spied-on county in the United States

Followed by Clark County, Nevada

3,395 wiretaps were ordered, averaging 29.03 days each

The average cost of a wiretap order last year was $50,452

The highest cost was $872,841 for a Federal wiretap in the Eastern district of Washington

87.39% of these wiretap orders were connected to drug-related charges

Only 18.19% of these wiretaps actually led to a conviction

http://www.uscourts.gov/Statistics/Wiret...001e595280

________________________________________________________________________________​______

I wonder, why Riverside?

I grew up in San Bernardino County during the big meth years. Riverside County was and is our twin brother. There's still a meth problem out there in places like San Jacinto, Perris, Hemet, Beaumont, Lake Elsinore, etc. If you get out into those areas, there are lots of smaller houses and trailers sitting on 0.5 to 3 acres that are set up perfectly for grow-ops and meth labs.

I know a few people that grow "legally" in rural parts of San Bernardino County even though the County Sheriff has repeatedly made statements about how he intends to enforce Federal drug laws over State-mandated marijuana policy. Riverside County is even more culturally conservative than San Bernardino County so I'd imagine their approach to be even more hard line.

That would be my guess as to why there are so many wiretaps in Riverside County.

I have no intentions of ever again spending much time in the 909 or 951. The only decent thing going for it is the mountains or desert for a quick weekend getaway to see some nature (Big Bear, Wrightwood, Idyllwild, Joshua Tree).

Messages In This Thread