rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The one thing you should never tell your boss

The one thing you should never tell your boss

@Nemencine

i know what you are getting at. it's dog eat dog, you can't show weakness. you bring up a good point. but the bigger point is, if your boss is a dick, watch out. things can get really fucked up. i've been in that situation before -- where i couldn't trust my boss -- and it's crazy.

i'm a fair boss. i don't allow for infighting or backstabbing or badmouthing in my team. they need to work together, and i am very clear about the internal hierarchy. that's one of the things i do best as a boss. create a positive environment where my team feels "safe" that they won't get screwed over, that it's a fair and honest environment. in fact, it's just like that "children learn what they live" poem. it's so true. creating a healthy, trustworthy environment is crucial to getting the best work out of people. (or you can create a paranoid, fear based environment, but there i feel people burn out much quicker, and try to get out much quicker. it gets really ugly.)

so yeah, in a way, i was assuming that your boss is fair, and maybe in most cases he is not? (dark triad.) that's a good question. then again, dark triad can't be more than 1-5% of people, and even if it's 15-20% of bosses, that still means most bosses are good natured and want their employees to work out.

oh yeah, that's another good point. if your boss specifically chose and hired you, he is a lot more vested in you. i hire my own people, so i really want them to work out, otherwise i look bad. so really, if that's the case -- is it usually? i don't know -- then you two really are on the same side.

Messages In This Thread