rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Big Ass Book Challenge

The Big Ass Book Challenge

Quote: (06-17-2013 04:21 PM)Bricks Wrote:  

Quote: (06-16-2013 06:01 PM)Jackhammer Wrote:  

I remember Atlas Shrugged taking me like 3 months to read. I would frequently have to read shorter books in between chapters just to read something different for awhile. Huge books like that can be rewarding, but sometimes it's too much to ask to dedicate so much of your time and mental energy to ONE book. Overall, I liked it but never want (or need) to read it again. The Fountainhead was much more satisfying.

Would you recommend it though? Is it just a good book or am i going to learn somthing important from reading it.

As i said before i have it checked out but i just recieved three books in the mail from amazon that i actually want to read. Think im going to return it then over Christmas/New Years when i have time off tackle it.

The way of men Jack Donovan

The fighters mind Sam Sheridan

Extreme Fear Jeff Wise

I'd say anything you can learn from Atlas Shrugged, you can learn from shorter books. It was a huge challenge to read and I got some brief pride from having read a book so big, but I got no grand knowledge or wisdom from it in the end. In that regard, I would not recommend it. But if you're a quick reader, have some time, and are willing to tackle something massive, then do it. It wasn't bad at all, just too long and daunting to really enjoy (at least for me).

Messages In This Thread