rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any Fiction Readers On Here Care to Check Out My Book?

Any Fiction Readers On Here Care to Check Out My Book?

Some very cool things to think about, cardguy - thanks!

I think you're right about coming up with the marketing angle first. This book I just published was one I started when I was 17 years old and drug out again and again over the years only to throw it to the back burner and forget about it again.

As you can imagine, I matured a lot over those years, so every time I drug it out I essentially had to rewrite it again. lol

I'm a freelance writer who's always wanted to be an author, so leaving this work to collect dust has really felt like a failure on my part, especially with how crazy the self-publishing world has gotten recently. For one thing, I think Amazon will eventually raise the bar, and this is the time to start building a readership before that happens.

So, I decided earlier this week that I was going to get it out there no matter what so I could "pop my cherry." I needed some kind of closure and a sense of accomplishment so I would feel comfortable moving on to writing the next book, and with the next one, I'll be choosing my "niche" as precisely as possible.

Don't get me wrong though, I do think the one I've just published has some real potential. Several people have told me it was heavy enough to move them to tears, and at least one person, who is not one to flatter, said it was one of the best books he's ever read. If anything, I hope that the strong emotions associated with it will inspire people to share it with others.

But getting it up was more about moving past it than anything else. I love some of the ideas you've thrown down here and definitely will give them some more thought.

EDIT: Definitely going to read that book too - sounds intriguing.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread