rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A Hypothesis Of Youthful Lesbianism As Attention-Whoring

A Hypothesis Of Youthful Lesbianism As Attention-Whoring

Quote: (06-14-2013 04:44 PM)2Wycked Wrote:  

Circling back to the aforementioned relationship, notice the brevity of the statement. Twitter & Tumblr don't emphasize depth of thought, but superficiality of thought. I know I am beating the drum constantly, but it is a reflection of our narcissistic society. I won't belabor the point further.

Nahhh, you can keep going. [Image: smile.gif]

Once again another insightful post. I guess our society is just doomed. Everyone (no matter what they say) wants to feel good about themselves and attention whoring is one way to do it. But then you have to escalate to keep getting attention, to try and stand out.

On a different note, I'd be curious, if your taking requests, about how disposable everything has become in our society. Friends used to tell friends the tough things because they cared. Now if someone tells you something you don't like - you just defriend them (and hope they don't have you murdered http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/10...844.html). We consume so much as a society and waste a ton also (just think of the food).

And along the way to being so self-absorbed, we have become so thin skinned. Nothing can be allowed to damage our self image that we have of ourselves. I was once told this, "be grateful when people are giving you feedback, the day they stop is the day you should be worried because that means they no longer care."

I think America does the best job of raising damaged kids. Must be some big business secret plan. Have a bunch of damaged kids and tell them salvation is through consumption. And then market a whole shit load to them. How many dipshits buy the budweiser thinking they will be at a beach party but instead are home drinking alone and turning their penis orange because they were eating cheetos?

Once again thanks for the post.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Messages In This Thread