rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Beef Against 10,000 hours practice

The Beef Against 10,000 hours practice

In my career every single minute of practical work is logged and you are constantly assessed on your ability and your overall time.

200-300 hours and you are generally regarded as high risk and treated like your basically incompetent. 400-500 your looking at being trusted with another person with 400-500 hours working together, considered low risk for all but the most dangerous jobs. 800-1000 your trusted to work with the low time 200-300 guys and also train them. Anything above that is just gravy and constantly refining your skills.

It make its really easy to actually see the process work when you can compare two individuals off solely their time. For example, I seem to have a natural aptitude for what I do. I have about 350 hours, and am treated like a 500 hour guy. You put me up against another 350 hour guy and I will almost always take the prize.

It is much more apparent in the low time guys. For instance from 200 hours to 300 hours is a 100 hour gap. Huge gap at that time. From 5000-6000 is a 1000 hour gap, relatively small at that time.

I like to think of having natural talent as a multiplier on your overall time. If you have natural talent maybe you only need to work 1 hour for every 2 hours someone else does. Maybe youll be as good as the 10k hour guy when your at 5k hours. But your both going to be really good at what you do.

And yes the quality of practice comes into play as well. Two hockey players with 10k hours are going to be very good. But one might be a shooter with 10k hours and one might be a defensemen with 10k hours. The shooter is going to be better at scoring goals, the defensemen is going to be better at preventing them.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Messages In This Thread