rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Beef Against 10,000 hours practice

The Beef Against 10,000 hours practice

Quote: (06-06-2013 05:14 AM)Sebastian Wrote:  

I think you have to practice the right way too.

Eg: you've been driving 20 years as a taxi driver. does it make you a car racer? you wouldn't be able to even compete with 3 months car race experienced person.

No but you will have became a great Taxi driver and if your are smart will have your own fleet with people working for you and will be quite successfull.

Practicing open wheel racing for 10 years will make you a great race car driver.

No need to confuse the two.

This odd cry baby logic in this thread is delusional, this formula is not hard to understand. I also come from a music background and can attest to the fact that time and practice is what makes you good. Yes luck and being gifted will propel you to the top but if you work fuking hard you will become good.

You look at any master in thier craft and behind them is hours upon hours upon hours of practice and hard work. There is no way around it. Gifted folks can ride natural ability but will hit a wall of they don't put in that time.

I always harp that in pro sports and music you for the most part get a big number of socially awkward dudes whom are poor with women simply because they devoted all of thier time tonhier craft and left no time to learn how to deal with women and social settings on a acceptable level. You have big time nerds like Kanye West showing this on full display with erratic and extremely odd and needy behaviour with women, hell even one of my personal favorites Mos Def has a similar poor track record. There hard work grants them a level of fame and access but it comes at a price. Some can be a "natural" at anything and figure out a time ratio to master many crafts at a elite level but this are the super small segment of the population.

If you pick up a golf club today and devote an extreme ammount of hours you will probaly make the PGA Tour. Will you be Tiger Woods - NO - but you will be on Tour and by default in the top 1% of golfers globally.

Messages In This Thread