rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Beef Against 10,000 hours practice

The Beef Against 10,000 hours practice

Quote: (06-06-2013 03:36 AM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

Quote: (06-06-2013 03:11 AM)soup Wrote:  

I've noticed a lot of guys in the manosphere hating on the concept or practicing in mass quantities making the probability of doing something virtuosic greater.

I might have missed something with our agenda here.

As a musician, I can tell you that if you practice enough and more, it will be very hard not to be very good your instrument.

I believe the same is true with game, and the numbers-game thing does work.

Why all the hate on practice and mastery? Please fill me in.

Saying that practice doesn't work is like saying you have rich/famous/ or hansome

If I practice basketball enough, does that mean I will get as good as Lebron James?

The 10k hour rule when applied to Chess players, basically said that with 10,000 hours of DELIBERATE PRACTICE you'd be a Chess Grandmaster, which is world class in the Chess game.

But 10,000 hours doesn't mean you can beat Gary Kasparov or Bobby Fischer.

People really misunderstand the 10,000 hour rule.

If you played basketball for 10,000 hours, that isn't 10,000 hours of pick up games. It's 10,000 hours of working on the most difficult skills, under conditions most people don't work under, with the watchful eye of a master coach/teacher who can correct what you are doing.

If there is a genetic component, it's really about the tenacity to gruel under 10,000 hours. It's not 10,000 hours "in the zone" where everything is automatic and natural, but 10,000 hours when you're consciously aware of how bad you suck at something - yet you keep doing it.

WIA

Messages In This Thread