rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Favorite female singers

Favorite female singers

I must be really old, Joni MItchell is God and the person I bring up when debating whether there are women geniuses.

As an aside, Enya was so dedicated to music she ended up not having kids, same with Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac, who sounded like she regretted it in an interview I read.

Joni had a kid in her teens, gave her up for adoption (maybe knew she was destined for more important things) and then was reunited with her child after decades.
The great masterpiece "Blue" is named after what she called her child. It was released 1971 when she was 27. "In January 2000, the New York Times chose Blue as one of the 25 albums that represented "turning points and pinnacles in 20th-century popular music". "

Aretha Franklin , and Nina Simone, who was a trained opera singer but had a wildly expressive style of singing which sort of sounded like intentional out-of-tuneness.

There were also many great Big-Band singers before present readers' times, when there were no retakes-- she was out in front of a whole band live to disk.
Helen Forrest?

Sarah McLoughlin! Married her drummer... you can guess how that turned out...And they got divorced after she hit the wall, tragic for her. She was open about being devastated.

Messages In This Thread