rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Change Coming to the NHL?

Change Coming to the NHL?

Quote: (05-13-2013 04:06 PM)kosko Wrote:  

People hold him up simply because he has a lot of money -- But the man has very little capital, overall. His pockets are full of cash but what else does he bring? He is just a rich guy whom talks a lot...both him and his wife are attention whores.

Black-American urban culture idolizes cash. Cash is king. They don't care about capital and true wealth, just cash. Jay-z has the most cash so he is the best. That is Black-American urban logic. Even though others have performed better then him, have had more impact then him, they don't have more cash so they are not more important or influential.

We hold him up because he's constantly reinventing himself in the business lane's he is choosing to pursue.
Record Label
Clothing Line
Shoe Line
40/40 Club
Brooklyn Nets Ownership
Sports Agent

I would agree musically he's not pushing the envelope but he's still incredibly relevant at the age of 43.

I'm curious as to how you define capital / cash. Jay-Z is estimated at a net worth of of $450M. (how's that cash in pocket) If you're defining capital as cultural/artistic capital that's a whole other conversation.

All I'm saying is good for him going after another business model and growing his brand and his net worth.

lol Akon is more relevant than Jay-Z outside the US. i'm talking about the business move here for a young Seth Jones. let's see what he does.

Messages In This Thread