rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The more female enrollment in higher ed myth

The more female enrollment in higher ed myth

I have just about been fed up with this myth that more women in college means that women are smarter than men.

In reality, the majority of those women are majoring in some BS liberal arts degree or worse getting a useless degree in communications.

I don't get why more people do not mention this. Any degree that does not fall under the STEM umbrella is a joke.In my experience, my learning officially stopped after freshmen year of college where I then became adept in bullshit management. Spewing out research papers asking the same tired questions and following the same formula to churn out a joke of an assignment that was graded at 94% or higher.

The "abstract" thinking these classes require is pathetically easy to not only master but apply the same formula to other classes where one regurgitates ideas to suggest another idea that was already obviously known. I stopped having those "a-ha" moment after my first year.

If i saw the headline, "More women enrolling in STEM majors" i'd be impressed.

But for real, my degree in communications (i was stupid) was a complete waste of time. I felt and i still believe i was way smarter than my classmates and blew through every discussion and assignment like a boss. I graduated with no future job prospects with the exception of IT.

But i think we need to uncloak this mask of women being smarter than men. Liberal arts degrees are useless and easily bullshitted once you figure out the tricks needed to bullshit them.

A real degree in engineering or the hard sciences is real proof of intelligence and coincidentally, more men enroll in these than women (derp derp). I wish i did comp sci. Hindsight is always 20/20 though.

Messages In This Thread