rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A Thread to Restore Your Faith in Humanity

A Thread to Restore Your Faith in Humanity

I think Gio posted a valuable image on this thread but framed it in completely the wrong way.

Highlighting the exceptional cases of what could only be described as extended tribal empathy does not show that the entire human species is 'good', or whatever the OP was pushing at here.

Next time you see a video of someone showing incredible 'bravery and compassion' to save the life of a stranger, think about the millions of children and adults dying from easily preventable causes, the modern day enslavement of the North Korean people, the ongoing use of children as cannon fodder in those countries you've barely heard of...

...and humanity's collective decision to do nothing about it. Even when they have both the means and the time to do so.

So called humanists would rather argue with a religious nut-job on twitter than save and/or improve the lives of their fellow human beings.

And I would rather post on RooshVForum than spend the same effort helping others in need. I just don't put on a mask of selflessness or caring. I admit that I only think about myself and my immediate social circle most of the time. Just like every other animal on this planet.

Generally speaking, if they're not in the same tribe, nobody gives a shit.

Messages In This Thread