rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Emotional Vampires: How To Deal With People Who Drive You Crazy

Emotional Vampires: How To Deal With People Who Drive You Crazy

@OGNorCal707

No, borderlines were not explicitly discussed in the book. My first impulse is that borderlines are more neurotic than anything else, so their problems are more internally focused - outside the scope of the book. The book focused purely on external manifestations of disorders. However, BPD does have external manifestations - clearly.

Check out this post:

http://therawness.com/my-cluster-b-philosophy/

An important point in the article you might find helpful is this:

Quote:Quote:

Both those with [narcissistic personality disorder]…and those with BPD…are driven by a constant and deeply motivated drive to find safety in their lives by avoiding things that trigger their terrifying fears. Bother narcissists and BPs perceive a threat in the judgments of the people around them, one so great that it is terrifying to them…

BPD's fear, above all else, abandonment. This is my personal theory (one that I am tinkering with the more I learn about psychology) is that women with BPD - call them waifs, histronics, or the like - were harmed by a male figure in their youth, and their behavior towards men in their adulthood is reflective of this. They ultimately fear male abandonment, but also seek to play out the daughter/father dynamic in the way it should as a child - but with her romantic partners.

First point is this: understand that whatever disorders a person developed as a child carried them through childhood. In order words, it helped them cope with a childhood were their needs weren't met. For example, women with BPD exhibit strong mood swings. As a child, I would hazard a guess she wasn't allowed to be a child and act out her emotions as she felt them. If she cried, got angry, got sad or even being happy - she was slapped down. Very, very typical of women who were children of male alcoholics.

Second: is the "honeymoon period." Just about any relationship started with some sort of vampire, whether it narcissistic, paranoid or BPD, usually starts out with a valuation period. Biologically, this usually tracks the response in the brain where certain hormones are released in early stages of attraction before long-term attraction hormones are introduced. Once the high - you could call it addiction - wears off, then the knives come out. Mood swings (essentially asking you to manage her emotions - what her parents should have done), complete, narcissistic devaluation (no matter what you do, she has to be better than you); in less words, she projects her deficiencies in her relationship with her parents, childhood friends or bad influences and early relationships onto the male she is with.

Finally, you are right there is much overlap, as T points out in his post. However, the devil in the details as most people with serious issues have strains of a few or many personality disorders or neuroses. Very rare is the pure example of a disorder. I have a friend who is a complete, by-the-book narcissist - so self-absorbed even the strongest of hamsters almost always reject him. He will find an incredibly weak-willed woman someday.

Regardless, I think alot of dudes in game come across BPD types. I think a vulnerable man is an up-and-coming player. Gaining confidence, skill and reputation, a BDP senses his masculinity but also the fact he hasn't completely peaked and still hasn't solidified inner game. Still, the most vulnerable of all is the guy who still, deep down, has an ideal of the white picket fence with a woman whom he loves and she loves him back. She wanted that as a kid for her parents, and she senses you want it, too. Don't be fooled, she will create a reality in which you think you can get that, but what she really craves is to act out her failed relationship with her dad.

I feel for your situation and it is sad. I myself got involved with a rank narcissistic female early in life. I don't need to tell you, early on, it is an incredible high. Charming, feminine - it is like they know what you want without you knowing (warning sign!). Once they got you hooked, they start to use you for what they need for you for - approval, superiority, resolving trust issues. In my case, this woman had trust issues, approval issues and superiority issues. A real doozy. I eventually kicked that shit to the curb, but not before about six months of serious hell. I haven't had a girlfriend since.

In the end, BPD are ultimate manipulators. I have spent most of my time studying narcissists, as that is what my mother is and my previous two girlfriends are - but there is serious overlap.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Messages In This Thread