rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How you can cash in on the USA oil boom

How you can cash in on the USA oil boom

Quote: (05-01-2013 11:36 PM)MasterBacja Wrote:  

Scotian, I also have an Associate's but it's in Process Operation. It's aimed more at chemical processing but I'm sure it'll apply to most jobs in oil. I don't want to start a trend of asking questions about every little detail (especially since you've already provided so much info), but what kind of pay does a "production operator"/process operator typically get, relative to other positions?

I'm sure my degree wouldn't pigeonhole me into that specific area but I'm just curious where that aspect of the job falls in terms of pay and schedule. I live in an area where process operators are paid EXTREMELY well (3 major chemical companies in my hometown) but none of them are hiring at the moment and I'm wanting to move anyways.

Thanks in advance and also thanks for all of your info. I haven't posted yet but I've been closely watching all of your oil related posts and they were actually partially responsible for me finishing my degree this last semester.

As far as I know, process operators and power engineering are paid about the same as the other trades, but they can make more as there's a lot of room for advancement in that line of work. Refineries are very complex, sometimes when I'm in the middle of a huge one, I just look around in awe at how these things run, as an operator, it'll be your job to know every nook and cranny of the place.

I'm not sure how the levels work in the USA, but in Canada, power engineering go from 5th class up to 1st class and from what I know, a good first class power engineer won't ever go without work and will be very well paid, $250K+/year in northern Alberta.

Messages In This Thread