rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Magic Johnson Has a Flaming Son

Magic Johnson Has a Flaming Son

Quote: (04-15-2013 10:45 PM)CaP7 Wrote:  

You're right on Stockton.

Thanks for acknowledging that.

Magic was an unbelievable passer, but the people around him had more to do on making him great than the other way around. He always played with great scorers and defenders, thus hiding his two large holes in his game.

I know Magic was not the greatest defender ever but I wouldn't say he was a bad defender. He was 6'9 at the guard position. Just his size and length caused problems for alot of smaller guards.

We have a different opinion of Magic. Thats okay. No worries.

I don't consider Magic to be overrated. I don't think his teammates always saved him.

He won State Championships in high school.

He won the National Championship in college.

He won the NBA championship as a rookie.

Was he just lucky enough to always have the best teammates every year? I think it was him more so then his teammates.

His rookie year, Kareem got hurt in Game 5 of the NBA Finals..

In game 6, Magic started at center; he recorded 42 points, 15 rebounds, 7 assists, and 3 steals in a 123–107 win. He became the only rookie to win the NBA Finals MVP award.

Kareem was averaging 33 points a game during that Finals. Magic took over and saved the day.

It wasn't always his teammates, it was him.

In my opinion.

Bryan Scott, Micheal Cooper, Kurt Rambis, James Worthy, etc. Those guys were great pros but I bet that they would say Magic is the one who made them a championship team.

I suspect that you don't like Magics personality or like him as a person. This could be effecting your subjective analysis of him as a player?

I don't particularly like him either. But, I do think he was a great player.

Better point guard skill-wise? Isaiah Thomas is a great example because they played in the same era. Isaiah knew he was better too, that's why he always walked around with a chippy attitude.

I fucking love this. I love Isaiah!

I agree. If Isaiah was 6'9 he would have been way better then Magic.

Isaiah even said that. You're right. He knew it.

Would you take Magic over LeBron at the point?

This is tough.

But, honestly, I would take Lebron.

He is a way better athlete and a way better defender. And, I think he is just as good of a passer and also a better shooter.

The point I'd like to make is that Magic gets credit for ANYTHING he does.

It's just annoying.

So, you are mad at the media for kissing his ass.

I agree. He is a media darling. He knows how to get them on his side.

I think he is a good businessman for that. He knows how to make friends and influence people.

But, I agree with you. The media does kiss his ass too much.

By the way. I read through all of your posts last year, along with Mike CF's and you really helped out a lot. Much respect for going to college campuses and doing work. Wish I could pull that off.

Your welcome. Ask me anything you want about that college day game stuff.

You could do it. As long as you look under 45, you will find some girls who want to date older guys.

Respect for debating like a gentleman. I love discussing and debating the NBA.

We don't have to agree on everything. Alot of it is just opinion.

Join us in The NBA Thread

Messages In This Thread