rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mystery's Actual Results

Mystery's Actual Results

Quote: (04-08-2013 08:35 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I don't want to sound like I am hating, because I don't care about this guy.

But what is all this "pioneer" talk?

People didn't pick up girls before Mystery?

I get that people relate to the whole "dork turned ladies man" thing, and yeah, it is a great story, but to say this guy is a "pioneer" is ridiculous.

I'll defend Mystery.

Bodybuilders have a saying: "Don't go to the guy who is naturally muscular... go to the guy who started off scrawny and had to work for his gains."

The reason being that the harder someone has to work for something, the better they understand it.

So Mystery was basically a sexual loser, but he worked hard to learn game and get better results. He also developed a system to streamline his pickup attempts, and made it relatively easy to understand.

And that's why the Mystery method was (still is) one of the greatest pickup pamphlets ever written: Mystery worked like a dog to learn everything he did.

Here are some terms that mystery developed or made popular:

- Attraction building, attract stage
- Comfort building, comfort stage
- Shit tests
- Opening a set (i.e. group of girls)
- Preselection
- Wingman rules
- Pivot rules (i.e. female wing)
- Calibration (i.e. learning cultural norms, understanding different types of girls and playing them)
- Routines (we all use routines)
- Storytelling
- The idea of having a "progression" to the pickup
- LMR
- Freezeouts

To name a few. Without Mystery, I'm not sure Roosh would be as good at the game as he is today. Bang clearly takes from the Mystery method as the basic organizing force to his book (beginning, middle, end).

Mystery's influence is enormous and I laugh whenever guys talk trash about him. He's done more to help men than than any other self-help bullshit artist.

Finally, I agree that Mystery's stats for 6 years of nonstop gaming were weak, but, then again, that's because he was still developing a lot of what we call "game" today. He was operating in the dark, figuring things out on his own all by trial and error. If I had to go by trial and error I'd never get laid.

I'm sure the Mystery of 2002-2009 had triple the numbers he did in 1998.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Messages In This Thread