rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Heterosexual, barren, childless women loudly supporting gays

Heterosexual, barren, childless women loudly supporting gays

Quote: (03-27-2013 05:43 PM)Baldwin81 Wrote:  

As most are aware, these pictures are a reaction to the US Supreme Court's hearings and potential rulings on gay marriage. Every SWPL says stuff like, "If two people love each other then why shouldn't Darcy be able to visit Greta in the hospital if she gets sick? Because, you know that since they can't get married..."

That's why I don't understand why the gay community wouldn't have just been satisfied with civil unions which would have provided every one of those sort of benefits (hospital visitations as you mentioned, etc.) The typical response I've heard to this is that marriage is an important cultural institution but with marriage becoming more and more of a joke these days I don't really having your relationship being referred to as a marriage really grants it any sort of higher status. And for those people who really do believe in the tradition and culture behind marriage, why do you need the government to grant it to you? Speaking as a guy who isn't against the possibility of getting married, I don't give two hoots about whether the government recognizes my marriage as a marriage - just give me the tax breaks and all the other material benefits and i'm good to go. Any sort of emotional value you get out of marriage should be strictly between you and your partner, you and your church if choose to get a church sanction it (there are certain Christian denominations that do recognize gay marriage), you and your family and the like.

Messages In This Thread