rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Heterosexual, barren, childless women loudly supporting gays

Heterosexual, barren, childless women loudly supporting gays

Quote: (03-30-2013 11:06 PM)bacan Wrote:  

why are you guys so worried if gay people can get married or not? who cares? let gay people get married; big deal

It's becoming a big deal because the people who support gay marriage are redefining the opposition to it as "hate speech." This includes religious speech. Those comments Dr. Ben Carson made opposing it are being deemed as "bigoted" and "hateful" and I've seen calls for him to be censured or fired.

When you express a religious viewpoint and it's deemed as bigoted, we've entered Soviet-styled groupthink. THIS is why people have a problem with gay marriage: because once it passes, its supporters will be able to point to any church that doesn't want to perform a gay marriage ceremony and claim "discrimination." So we've now entered the realm where religion it and of itself is becoming "bigotry."

I am someone who despises religion and has supported gay marriage on Constitutional grounds (because there is no provision in state laws based on which sex you are). But seeing how this is panning out, I'm changing my mind. I'm now starting to agree that gay marriage is the first step down a slippery slope. But I don't think that slope is about polygamy as everyone has said. I think it's about more censuring of free speech and freedom of expression from the politically correct left.

If gay marriage was about gay marriage, it would be fine. But it's really a metaphor for how the left wants to remove to freedom for people to worship or think in a non-politically correct way.

The criticism Dr. Carson took was the turning point for me. The man is a genius neurosurgeon and an innovator who has saved lives. Yet people are calling for him to get fired because of a politically incorrect statement? Do you see where this is heading? If Dr. Carson isn't safe, no one is, and this is just the beginning. Free speech is not hate speech.

Messages In This Thread