rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The NBA Thread

The NBA Thread

Quote: (03-26-2013 06:49 PM)TheSlayer Wrote:  

@ Jules, attributing all of Heat's success to luck and injuries seems unfair as Playboy pointed it out.

I'm just pointing out facts. It is a fact that every single Eastern conference team that is a potential threat to the Heat is riddled with injuries.

You can hate the Heat but can't deny that LeBron is in absolute beast mode this season. I also disagree with you on your argument that the Lakers would have beaten them last season. Yeah, size gives them problems but Lakers are too slow and unathletic. I do think Grizzlies or the Spurs would be their toughest match-up in the finals.

The Lakers last year were slow(still are), but the pace of playoff/Finals games is generally slow paced and in a slowed-down halfcourt offense, the Lakers would've had an advantage with their rebounding and size.

The reason the Heat won last year was due to LeBron getting to the basket anytime he wanted vs the Thunder subpar frontline. He wouldn't have been able to do that vs an experienced team with size, whether it was the Spurs, Grizzlies or Lakers. Maybe I'm being a homer, but that's what I feel. We're going to have to agree to disagree on that.

Also, you are overlooking the fact that Miami compensates for not having a dominant big man by being incredibly efficient on offense and playing hard defense. When they play that playoff defense (no pun intended), size or no size, they are going to get the better of you.

I'm not overlooking that. The Heat still struggle vs teams with size, hence why they're 1-2 vs the Pacers this year and why they were blown out by the Grizzlies earlier this year and why they struggled to beat a slightly less talented(Rudy Gay trade) Grizzlies team a few weeks ago.

Even if you look at their two wins over my struggling Lakers this year, you'll notice that both games literally came down to the last few minutes, with the first game coming down to the last few seconds. The Lakers missed open shots and freethrows and the Heat didn't. I credit the Heat for beating my Lakers twice this year, but they didn't have their way with the Lakers in either matchup and that was largely due to the Lakers' size.

I'm not overlooking anything, it's a fact that the Heat struggle against teams with size. Since my Lakers have an idiotic coach, they will likely not use size to their advantage anyway.

In regards to Kobe Bryant, I have nothing bad to say about the man. If it were not for him, the Lakers wouldn't be anywhere near the playoff hunt this year. He's had to adjust his game more this season than any other player in recent history, due to the various injuries/inconsistencies of the Lakers this year. Kobe has been the lone consistent player for the Lakers this year.

I'm going to go ahead and end this debate right here. Go Lakers!

Messages In This Thread