rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

21 Ways Rich People Think Differently Than Average People
1 Ways Rich People Think Differently Than Average People
Quote: (03-19-2013 09:55 PM)Vitriol Wrote:  

You're reading too much into the original article. It's a piece that uses a lot of generalities and gives no concrete advice. Nietzsche's moral philosophy has much more depth and can't be condensed into a few paragraphs.

You're reading too much into my reply. The whole framing of middle class morality versus rich person morality is definitely Nietzschean. I'm not saying it is Nietzsche distilled down into pure form or anything...

I wouldn't say that On the Genealogy of Morals necessarily gives concrete advice, no? But I am not a Nietzsche scholar or anything.

I would say that the rich person morality compares to the master morality, and the prole morality compares to the slave morality.

Quote: (03-19-2013 09:55 PM)Vitriol Wrote:  

This is the only one that's Nietzschean... "live dangerously."

These all invoke the master/slave morality dichotomy:
-Average people think MONEY is the root of all evil. Rich people believe POVERTY is the root of all evil.
-Average people think selfishness is a vice. Rich people think selfishness is a virtue.
-Average people see money through the eyes of emotion. Rich people think about money logically.
-Average people set low expectations so they're never disappointed. Rich people are up for the challenge.
-Average people love to be comfortable. Rich people find comfort in uncertainty.

Messages In This Thread