rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

21 Ways Rich People Think Differently Than Average People
1 Ways Rich People Think Differently Than Average People
Quote: (03-19-2013 09:48 PM)TheRookie Wrote:  

This all goes back to Nietzsche and the Sklavenmoral (slave morality) versus the herrenmoral (master morality). See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Gene...f_Morality

Slave morality is looking at the rich, the beautiful, the successful, and being jealous, and concluding that they are oppressing everybody else and got their illegitimately. In other words, envy. It is your beta schlub roommate saying that "you are just lucky to get girls, and I can't lose weight because of my genes, and I'm perfectly content with my life as it is thank you very much." The master morality is quitting the shitty job, trying new looks, adding language skills, traveling and figuring out how to get ahead and live comfortably.

The people getting all butthurt about this - it mostly applies to those entrepreneurs and movers and shakers out there in the world actually doing something. It doesn't mean all rich people are necessarily moral and noble all the time. So if you know one rich asshole it doesn't invalidate the general sentiment.

You're reading too much into the original article. It's a piece that uses a lot of generalities and gives no concrete advice. Nietzsche's moral philosophy has much more depth and can't be condensed into a few paragraphs.

Quote:Quote:

19. Average people love to be comfortable. Rich people find comfort in uncertainty.

This is the only one that's Nietzschean... "live dangerously."

Messages In This Thread