rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Timothy Bradley vs Ruslan Provodnikov

Timothy Bradley vs Ruslan Provodnikov

Quote: (03-18-2013 09:03 AM)UrbanNerd Wrote:  

I had Bradley winning by 1 point. Like the announcers said, I thought the Russian dude gave up too many middle rounds. He should have went after Bradley in the next rounds after staggering Bradley...but he decided to take a vacation.

I thought I also heard the announcers say that Bradley had ballooned 40 pounds over his usual weight before training. He is only 5'6", so that means dude was 187 pounds before training???

That might have affected Bradley also. I saw that he was 165 when he entered the ring.

I don't think Provodnikov took a vacation so much as he was gassed from throwing so many punches. I think one of the guys calling the fight said that he's not used to doing that. Also, some fighters aren't confident in their ability to go deep in a fight (which Bradley usually does), so they go for it early with hopes of ending it, but don't have a Plan B if they don't get the guy out. Ruslan seemed to save energy for flurries, but in the meantime he ate too many jabs and body shots.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Messages In This Thread