rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Surf Towns In Peru

Surf Towns In Peru

Quote: (03-13-2013 01:43 AM)lurker Wrote:  

Huanchaco itself has a left point, but it's a mushburger. Chicama works 10 times a year - it needs a much more westerly swell than most storms will give it. The real wave in the area is Pacasmayo, which is worth shacking up in town for a few weeks for to hit. The other key spot, wave-wise, on the north coast is Lobitos and the surrounding breaks. You're not going to see anything you want to touch with your penis in either place. The waves are fairly crowded with Brazilians and Peruvians, who are just as bad at etiquette.

Mancora is the opposite: there will be a couple pretty girls, but the surf is next to worthless without a large NW swell to light up Cabo Blanco or, on the King Shit of Fuck Mountain macker swells, the point in town. Those times will be packed with pros. Any other time will be packed with kooks and pasty Brit kids getting pushed into their first waves.

If you really want to surf AND score in Peru, the best option is the Miraflores/Barranco/Chorrillos stretch in Lima. You can catch La Herradura for surf, drive the 45 min down to Punta Hermosa when La Herradura isn't working, and pick up girls in the M/B clubs.

One option is to go Central Coast. You'll end up at uncrowded desert pointbreaks. Downside: you might get robbed.

Peruvian girls on the whole are not cute. If you go there, your focus will be (1) surfing, (2) drinking, (3) cocaine, (4) pussy. It's the way it is.

Damn, this guy knows his shit. I'm not a big surfer, but I was hanging out with a bunch of surfers out in Lima and they basically said what you said as far as surf goes. A lot of them skip Mancora even though it seems to be a popular destination. And you're right about the girls. Peruvian girls were my last priority. Luckily I was staying at a hostel packed with a bunch of cute Chilean girls and a couple nice Brazilian girls as well. Punta Hermosa had great breaks the first day I went, but the second day they were pretty small, which would have been good for me since I'm just learning.

Messages In This Thread