rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Another Dumbass Student Loan Story

Another Dumbass Student Loan Story

I feel sorry for her in the sense she was blinded by her belief, which largerly is supported by the for profit higher education aparatus, that she could find a job with her PHD.

I am surprised she didn't. I thought economics was a stable field for PHDs.

She must have taken out a private loan. Mine are all federal. When it came time to pay I gave them my check stubs and I made so little they deferred payment for a year and a half. Another coworker took private and they demanded he pay 1000 bucks a month. He didn't, his credit is fucked, and so is his opportunity to go back to school.

Thank God I was pimped by the government and not SallieMae. [Image: dodgy.gif]

Just out of curisoty, does anyone with student loans plan on paying them back? I don't plan on paying mine unless I have large amount of income coming in from a bestseller or huge sales of ebooks. Then again, I never planned on buying a house or having kids until late in life so taking out school loans wasn't too much of a concern (plus they are federal which offers great repayment/deferment options versus private).

Honestly, with Obama at the helm (and Hillary soon after), I imagine that many of the loans will be either forgiven or made so that repayment options are very leinent.

Also, she took the wrong path by trying to look for a job. If you are not in the process of creating a job for yourself (self-employment) at this stage in the game you more lost than the house of Israel.

Shit, if they can give 700 billion to bail out AIG and GoldmanSachs they can bail my ass out. [Image: biggrin.gif]

I'd tell the commenter to wait a few years, defer, and see what happens.

Messages In This Thread