rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Worst Jobs

Worst Jobs

I've worked in a garage most my life but have helped my father in his business when the cash was right and had to do some fucked up shit. He did industrial heat treating and giant valves like for NYC water. The kind of valves that are as big as a house and the kind of furnaces that are as big as ten houses.

So one day he asks me to go to staten island to put in some valves @500 a day. I'm thinking hell yea so hop in the car with him at 3:30 am which would be normal if you work in NYC early in and out or hours in traffic.

We get there and it's a sewage treatment plant and the valves are as big as a full size van. Fuck! Did you guys know there's stairs inside sewage treatment tanks and they go underground a few stories? I didn't until that day. Then he gives me an electro magnetic drill press which I have to carry to the bottom of this thing and hook 220 up to so the magnet will stick to the wall so I can drill and tap about 100 holes to bolt this valve in. It took days. The bolts were like something you'd see in a cartoon and weighed about 75 pounds each which you had to carry up and down those stairs all day long..

I have hundreds of these stories

Messages In This Thread