rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Scam That is American Healthcare

The Scam That is American Healthcare

Quote: (02-23-2013 10:23 PM)porscheguy Wrote:  

Quote: (02-23-2013 01:31 PM)Teedub Wrote:  

As much as I dislike health tourism and immediate access to health care for immigrants (It's the NATIONAL health service, not the International one!), I must say I think any modern country should provide universal healthcare via taxation/national insurance. Of course, there are problems, as no system is perfect.

Question for Americans. I've watched a few documentaries about this and something always puzzles me. The people so opposed to it are usually the Christian-right. Like this woman:

She claims she's against reform because she believes in "Biblical values". I don't think Jesus would be fond of private healthcare, so what's the reasoning?
People have used their so called "religious faith" to justify their behaviors since the first days of religious faith. It's a form of rationalization hamster.

Intellectual midgets use religion as a shield. The worst offenders in the West follow Jesus. You can challenge a man's (or in this case woman's) political ideas, musical taste, cooking skills, etcetera. However, challenging someone's faith is considered a faux pas. Hence the reason idiots invoke the name of Christ the King whenever they get into a discussion over their heads. There's a reason Marx said that religion is "Opium of the People".

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Messages In This Thread