rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

When The Search Is Finally Over

When The Search Is Finally Over

This is a very compelling post Vorkuta, thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts, your search and your achievement.

I can personally relate to a lot of what you say after a long journey in 30+ countries which took more than half of my life and turned it into a very rich experience.

Also, if I wouldn't have laid anchor in Brazil, the FSU or Russia could have become my "ultimate" destination. My guess is that we're looking for a certain essence that we can naturally relate to and that we sort of feel flowing through our veins. It's perhaps about being alive on a different level. But that's something indeed hard to describe rationally or to put on a chart of figures and good reasons. You have to go in person, have the guts, and figure it out yourself.

It's indeed funny how countries can stare at you from a distance...Here, on the opposite side of the world, I was invited for a symbolic position in some Russian organization, which I gladly took at the time in exchange just for their parties and receptions. Russians keep popping up somehow and there is this cute belarussian teacher who offers to give me classes but somehow I keep postponing it (just the classes he he), because perhaps my subconscious tells me that if I go, it would be for more than just a ravishing vacation and I have a lot of business to attend here for the moment.

There was, on the sidelines, some fearmongering such as being "dark" looking in Russia (this would affect me for instance), the country's problems, corruption, xenophobia, violence etc etc.

But the thing is, if you know a place feels right for you, you just go and make it happen no matter what. I made it in Brazil despite zillions of obstacles and you, Vorkuta, will make it in Russia too because you know you will. It's as simple as that. You'll be amazed at how much resourcefulness and strenght you will have and how many contacts and opportunities you will create just because you're a man with a mission and without doubts, who won't give up and who wants to live life in full force using the best of his charms and talents.

I don't have to wish you good luck because I know you will find a way to make it happen sooner or later. I'll toast instead! Congratulations!

Just keep us posted, stay warm during winter, and help enrich even more this forum which, indeed, is a true and quite unique goldmine of intel and impressions about the region.

Messages In This Thread