rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Funding my son's education 2X more than my daughters

Funding my son's education 2X more than my daughters

Quote: (02-16-2013 12:13 AM)MrLemon Wrote:  

I have 2 kids, a daughter and a son, both beautiful and amazing, the loves of my life. They say that every parent has a favorite but I can't believe that...both of mine have an unlimited amount of my love.

However like any parent I have not-unlimited time and money to help them get launched in a few years from now.

So starting this month, I started changing my planning process to favor my son 2-1 over my daughter, as follows:

- Encouraging daughter to go to a lower level school (state university) in a less expensive major (biology, liberal arts)

- Encouraging son to go to top-tier school (twice the tuition)

- Basically giving all my free time as a dad to my son now. (Daughter is a teen so she kinda wants me around less anyway). Major, major time investment with him now.

- Planning for more college prep, enrichment programs, educational travel, summer camps, etc for son.

The reason for all this is very simple and very fair. My daughter is very pretty. Like all pretty (or even decent looking) women, she will never have to work as hard or take as many risks. There will always be a man who will gladly support her in life. She will never have to single-handedly support a family. As a woman, she will have a million different advantages all stemming from the fact that, simply, she is a woman and our society is set up to protect her. She's already so much more mature than him...like girls usually are...so she's so self-guided.

For my son however, like all boys, handsomeness and even brains won't matter one bit. He is going to have to fight and claw his way into a good career, and he'll never get one break that he doesn't work for. Nobody will ever be there to support him. If he wants to have a family, he will have to commit to the possibility of supporting them by himself.

Furthermore, as a boy, he will be much more likely to stray and fall into bad habits. He will fact the potential for gangs, drugs, and prison at a rate 10X that of any girl.

Like parents for thousands of years, I must face the fact that my boy is more likely to fail and will face more difficult challenges. This is as it should be: I believe the men as a sex should bear the brunt of the risk in the human race. However I also have a duty to the human race, to help him face that larger amount of risk with better preparation.

For these reasons, as a person who wants the future to be a better place, it is only simple logic that I invest more where it is needed: in my son.

Naturally I'm not going to share this decision with anyone. I make my decisions for my part of the family, and I never have discussed them with anybody. Why bother? Everybody in our society is a total fucking idiot on this topic right now. Do exactly the opposite of what the fucking idiots advise, and you will do pretty well, that's my motto.

Makes sense. Just be discreet about it and she'll probably be too self-absorbed to notice any difference in treatment.

Messages In This Thread