rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The point you realized society was confused with the roles of males and females...

The point you realized society was confused with the roles of males and females...

I have a sister two years younger than me, and for most of my childhood my father would basically shove his version of chivalry down my throat by putting her up on a pedestal and forcing me to acknowledge it.

Whenever we ordered pizza, she got the first slice. If we each rented a movie for the weekend, we watched hers first. I'd get popped on the head if I forgot to open a door for her or walked through first. On my birthday, she'd even get a small gift so she wouldn't feel bad about me getting so much attention. I never got shit on hers.

My dad and I had a pretty big fight about it once when I was ten or eleven. It was right when we started learning about feminism and women's rights in school, and I confronted him by saying that if women were supposed to be equal now, why does my sister get to be special? He looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Son, that's just how the world works." Just thinking about that day still makes me seethe.

Messages In This Thread