rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Olympics Is Dropping Wrestling In 2020

The Olympics Is Dropping Wrestling In 2020

I just read the story. It's kind of sad, in that it's an original Olympic sport. For that reason alone, it should always be a part of the Olympic program. Boxing has had MORE than their share of controversial scoring decisions, yet would they ever consider removing boxing? I'm sure this is all about sports they feel can attract attention re: advertising dollars during airtime. They don't really televise much of the wrestling competition live anyway, so this decision doesn't make much sense to me. Due to Title IX nonsense, wrestling is getting dropped by some colleges because it isn't a revenue-producing sport, but it's still a popular sport at the high school and college levels. Lots of MMA fighters have a wrestling background. This is truly disappointing.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Messages In This Thread