rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Another reason to not go to college

Another reason to not go to college

As long as your degree will pay off for itself in a year then I think its cool. My degree post scholarship cost me 17k over 4 years.
10k of that debt came in a single year when I went on exchange. Unless you have rich parents, take the extra time to work a year or two to pay for your education. Don`t take useless degrees and don`t go to university if you intend to get bad grades. Wait 2-3 year until you are more focused. Unless you get into Harvard there is no reason to carry that kind of debt. Half the cost comes from living on residence or away from home. You can easily rack up 10k a year living on res buying your own food and renting your own place.

Really the government should institute price controls and ban tuition of more than 10k.

Haha, just read the article, even yale and penn kids can`t repay loans, wow, whats this world coming to? Don't take more students loans than you can reasonably repay in 1 year of work.

"Students who take these loans have an obligation to pay them back, said Neal McCluskey an associate director at the Cato Institute in Washington."

Seriously, if I graduated from a 4 year degree and 150k debt and my only option was subway sandwhich maker I wouldn't repay either. This guy probably is very rich and never knew what it is like to be poor. If you are working just to pay an insurmountable debt you should just leave the country.

If you want to hear funny student debt stories, google areyouinsane toplawschoolforum, he is damn hilarious. I think he ran away to turkey with his dancer gf after his dead beat dead end legal job couldn't pay off his loans.

Messages In This Thread