rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The "Man up and commit" people are getting desperate

The "Man up and commit" people are getting desperate

Quote: (02-02-2013 07:44 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

Quote: (02-02-2013 06:41 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (02-02-2013 05:54 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

But what we see now is that women spend so many years riding the cock carousel and fucking dozens of men that their brains become less sensitive to the oxytocin bursts they receive from sex.

Let's not get carried away here, the average person has less than 10 sexual partners in their life. That includes men. Women that have sex with literally dozens and dozens of men are statistically outliers and they were damaged goods from the get go. The women I've slept with who admitted to having a past of promiscuity were screwed up to begin with. Their promiscuous behavior was the result of their emotional problems, not the cause of it.

You have to take into consideration that those promiscuity statistics include every woman. Fat women. Ugly women. Married women. Religious women. Older women with traditional morals. These women dominate the lower half of the distribution, and do so largely because they either can't get sex or aren't looking for it in the first place. Women who are young, attractive, educated, middle/upper class and live in big cities have much higher notch counts than the "average" woman. There's also the documented tendency for women to underreport their number of sexual partners in surveys of this type. So yes, while "dozens" of partners is probably an exaggeration for the average woman, it is certainly not improbable for millions of young women today. And even then, I would be willing to bet that the emotional damage women receive from sleeping around starts becoming apparent even with a relatively small notch count by modern standards, something in the range of 6 to 10 partners.

As for the relationship between promiscuity and neurosis, it's indisputable that girls who are somehow fucked up in the head are more likely to sleep around. However, that fact in no way removes the possibility that a causal relationship between the two also exists in reverse. Neurosis can cause promiscuity, and promiscuity can manifest some neurotic symptoms. The two are intertwined and feed off each other.

It's sort of like the relationship between depression and alcoholism. A depressed guy is more likely to become an alcoholic. But an alcoholic is also more likely to be depressed. Sorting out which came first is a chicken and egg sort of question, and is ultimately almost impossible to discern. All you can say for sure is that a correlation between the two exists. So it is with promiscuity and neurosis, which is why your best bet is to avoid promiscuous women if you're looking for a stable LTR/marriage. The fact that this is common sense and has essentially gone without saying for all of history is a testament to the truth of the proposition that promiscuity damages women over the long term, and reduces their ability to be nurturing wives and mothers.

Let me restate my 2cc from another thread, where I claim that it is true that the average woman doesn't have that many sex partners, but that it nonetheless has severe consequences.

Quote:HCE Wrote:

Even the sluttiest women rarely average more than 13 partners per year (cca 1 per month). Even with the standard +40% modifier for women lying about their numbers, that's still not even close to such an assumption. That would be some 100 standard deviations above the mean partner count per year, which is almost impossible.

That said, even a steady stream of 1 dick a year is more than enough to permanently fuck a woman up (as far as LTRs / marriage are concerned). Assuming a girl starts at 16 and fucks 1 guy a year, her count is already 9 by age 25. Assuming at least half of those were alphas (which is quite likely), that already represents serious (and probably) permanent impairment as far as unrealistic criteria, diminished pair bonding and other sexual characteristics go.

In other words, it's not the problem that the average (or even slutty) woman gets more dick than we think - she does not - the problem is that our threshold for what is considered a slut is way too high.

Thus my conclusion is that damage starts occurring after just one or two alpha-induced oxytocin bursts. Most women in today's western world (over two thirds, I'd guess) are completely unsuitable for LTRs / marriage now, but no one would ever call them sluts. After all, they just made a few "mistakes", like fucking a different bad boy every year of their prime.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Messages In This Thread