rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Big move to Calgary

Big move to Calgary

Quote: (01-25-2013 03:23 AM)Emancipator Wrote:  

Quote: (01-25-2013 02:04 AM)NFallin Wrote:  

Quote: (01-24-2013 11:40 PM)Emancipator Wrote:  

Would any of you guys recommend UCAL?

For what kind of study and what would your living arrangements be like?

Probably something in Enviro Design, Business or Arts

I would either be in a student/shared or renting a small studio/bachelor space.

Probably close to transit as I don't drive.

As far as the campus goes it is a major commuter school with people coming in everyday off the train or driving in the morning. A lot of people peace out at the end of the day. There isn't much of a school pride sort of attitude at u of c. They pretty much give away tickets for football events. However there is a fair amount of multiculturalism.

The bar called the Den on campus is good and a lot of fun but the ratio is generally bad. Thursday is the night to go for triples. You get really fucked up and grind up on a girl who is as equally trashed as you. But you gotta get in early or else you are waiting in line forever!

I didn't live in residence on campus but with some guys near the university and we had a lot of fun with kegger parties but at times we wished we were in residence because we heard a lot of guys were cleaning up there in first and second year.

The haskayne school of business churns out a lot of accountants. with some trickling into banking, marketing, and other random areas. it has a pretty good reputation and is challenging in its coursework. The arts program is just like every other uni with limited opportunities once you grad and decent profs if you want to learn some shit. The history department was especially good. Can't speak about the enviromental design area, but the engineering department is great since this is white collar oil and gas territory. I know a few guys that went into chemical and mechanical and they are doing quite well. Tough coursework though.

I would say that if you are coming to alberta for the opportunities right now and like calgary, go to u of c. However I actually like U of A better (spent some time there because of an exgf) since it is actually close to some night life (whyte ave), and it's seen as a more "prestigious" school.

But just like the hodgetwins......this is just advice....do w/e the fuck you wanna do!

Messages In This Thread